Your privacy is our priority
- Legal basis we rely on
- Which personal information do we collect?
- What will we do with the information we gather?
- Where we store your personal data?
- Who do we share your personal data with?
- Where your personal data may be processed?
- What are your rights over your personal data?
- Changes to our policy
- Right to lodge a complaint
- How can you stop the use of personal data for marketing?
Here at OrchardBathrooms.com, we are 100% committed to respecting the privacy rights of visitors to our website www.OrchardBathrooms.com.
This policy, together with our terms and conditions, are designed to give a clear explanation of how we aggregate, cache and process the personal data we collect from you when you visit our website, or at any other time, you provide us with your personal data. By visiting our website you are accepting and consenting to the practices set out in this policy.
By definition, personal information includes any recorded information that identifies you personally which includes things such as your name, address or email address.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is OrchardBathrooms.com, Victoria Plum Ltd, Bridgehead Business Park, Hessle, HU13 0DG.
2. What legal basis do we rely on regarding your data?
The law on data protection contains several different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In some scenarios, we will need your personal data to comply with contractual obligations. For example, if you place an order with us, your address details will be collected so we can deliver your purchase and may also be passed onto third party providers to complete your delivery.
In some instances, we collect personal data for processing with your consent. For example, when you “opt in” by tick box to our marketing or promotional newsletters.
When we collect this information, we will make clear which data is necessary regarding the specific service.
- Legal compliance
This may be required in the event of fraud or criminal activity affecting VictoriaPlum.com, or any other legal reason, we may need to transfer details of individuals involved to law enforcement.
- Legitimate interest
In some situations, we will use your personal data to pursue legitimate interests as expected as part of running a business, and will not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
3. Which personal information we collect
We’ll ask for your personal information when you fill in any forms on our website or when you correspond with us via email, phone or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you:
- Make an online purchase
- Register with OrchardBathrooms.com
- Sign up for promotions, offers, competitions, or to receive news
- When you fill in the personal details section of “Your Basket” to make a purchase
- If you report a problem with our website
- Open a Trade Account
- When you choose to complete any surveys, we send to you
- When you comment on or review our services or products
- When you ask an OrchardBathrooms.com team member to contact you about a service or product
- When you give a third party permission to share the personal data they have on you
This information may include your name, address, email address, phone number and financial and credit card information.
The web server also automatically collects certain information which relates to every visitor, including:
- Technical information such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address, any login information, browser type and version, operating system and platform
- Information about your visit such as products viewed and searched for, the average time on site, top visited pages and page response times
- At times we may use anonymised video tracking of your web interaction with us, to provide us with insight to improve our services
4. What will we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To improve our products and services and notify you about any changes to our service
- To process your order and carry out our obligations arising from the contract between you and us to provide you with the products and services you request from us
- For registration and internal record keeping purposes if you open an account for registration and internal record keeping purposes if you open an account
- To administer our website and for internal operations, such as troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical and survey purposes.
- To send promotional emails from OrchardBathrooms.com (if you have opted into this service) about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or post. We may use the information to customise our website according to your interests.
For Trade customers, we may contact you by email, phone or post:
- To validate your trade account
- To communicate your account features and benefits
- To inform you of our decision to accept you as a Trade customer
- To communicate any updates with your order such as delivery/stock and/or payment
- To communicate any changes to your account status
- To verify authorisation for a third party(s), allowing an authorised individual(s) access and privileges to your trade account
- To contact you with relevant promotions and offers which provide benefits to you and your business
We’re committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we work closely with online security providers such as VeriSign, SagePay, GetSafeOnline and Barclaycard to provide a safe and secure online shopping environment. For more information please visit our online security page.
We will use your personal information to respond to queries, refund requests and complaints, relating to damages, faulty items, spare parts or our returns policy. Handling the information you send enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us, and for us to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities, we’ll use your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account. We’ll also monitor your browsing activity with us to quickly identify and resolve any problems and protect the integrity of our websites. We’ll do all of this as part of legitimate interest.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may also share your information with selected third parties including:
Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you. Third-party transport or courier services which may include manufacturers of branded products.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the maintenance, improvement and optimisation of our website. We ensure that any third-party service we utilise complies with strict data protection standards. A brief synopsis of what these tools do is found below:
- Google Analytics helps our team measure sales and conversion as well as helping us to understand customer behaviour better. This includes measurement of things such as the split between new visitors as opposed to returning visitors and the length of time visitors spend on particular pages.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If OrchardBathrooms.com or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we’re under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of VictoriaPlum.com our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
5. Where we store your personal data
At times some of the data we collect from you may be transferred and stored in locations outside of the EAA, (European Economic Area). The processing activities may be completed by staff members outside of the EEA, who work for our selected third parties. By submitting your data, you agree to transfer the data, as well as the processing and storing of your data.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your PC, phone or other web-enabled devices when you visit our website. They’re not harmful and don’t contain any confidential information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
Cookies are an essential part of how our website works. Some of these cookies are required by our site to enable you to transact whilst other cookies enable us to give you an enhanced, personalised web experience. By using our website, you also consent to the use of these cookies. Cookies are used on our site for the following reasons:
- To allow you to securely sign in to your OrchardBathrooms.com account, so that you can use “My Account” features such as order information, making payments and receiving onsite offers.
- To store the content of your online shopping basket whilst you browse the site and to complete an order.
- To record the areas of the website that you’ve visited, products you’ve viewed and time spent browsing, as well as the products you purchased. We use this information to help make the website more user-friendly, develop our site design and to continuously improve the quality of the service we provide. The information may be provided to other Walker Group companies and/or the third parties referenced in the “Disclosure of your information” section above.
- To personalise our website content for you.
- To distribute visitors to our site evenly across platforms to ensure the content is served at the fastest possible speed.
Are cookies safe?
To withdraw your consent, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on the hard drive of your computer. For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the “Help” tab of your browser via the menu bar.
Our use of advertisement tracking
We also allow selected third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes to place cookies when you visit our site. These cookies enable us to monitor which adverts you see and click on to get to our site. We currently use two companies for this and you can see their privacy policies at the following addresses: Adwords: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/
These cookies are as safe as the ones used whilst you browse our site and neither of these third parties collects any personal data from which they would be able to identify individual customers.
We’re not responsible for the content or privacy policies of third parties or other websites.
7. Who do we share your personal data with?
We will sometimes share your personal information with third parties.
Examples of this are, with third-party couriers to complete your delivery, for fraud management purposes, payment and transactional purposes, personalised offers, and promotions etc.
Only information necessary for the specific processing activities will be shared without third parties. At the end of our relationship with the third party, any personal data processed or stored with be anonymised or deleted.
Outlined below are some examples of the kind of third parties we work with:
- Marketing companies to help us manage electronic communications with you
- Operational companies, such as delivery systems and delivery couriers/transport companies
- Payment providers to complete transactions
You can request a list of the third parties we use by contacting: compliancemanager@orchardBathrooms.com
8. Where your personal data may be processed
Some of our third-party providers operate outside of the European Union and Economic Area (EEA), such as Russia or the USA.
The EEA also includes Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, as part of the EU member countries. We may at times transfer personal data we collect from you to third party data processors in countries that are not within the EEA. This might be required to complete or process orders, payment, support services, or analytical purposes.
9. What are your rights over your personal data?
You have the right to request:
- Right to request access to any personal information we have on you.
- The Correction of any personal data we hold on you, when this is inaccurate, out of date or incomplete.
- When you withdraw consent or object to processing, and we do not have an overriding legitimate interest to keep your data.
- We will stop through either specific or all channels or direct marketing using your personal data if requested.
- We stop any processing of your personal data which consent is based on after you withdraw consent.
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that OrchardBathrooms.com hold at any time and to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact the Compliance Manager in one of the following ways:
Compliance Manager OrchardBathrooms.com, VictoriaPlum.com Bridgehead Business Park Hessle HU13 0DG
To ask for your information, please contact complaincemanager@OrchardBathrooms.com
To request information to be changes, or updated, please contact our customer service team, or update your online account.
In the event that we choose not to action your request, we will explain why we have refused your request.
At any point you have the right to withdraw consent.
In the event you want to withdraw consent to use your personal data, you have the right to withdraw at any time. For business purposes we will rely on legitimate interest.
In order to operate as a business, there are times we will process your personal data through legitimate interests. You may request for seasons of your personal situation to stop processing. We will comply with this request, unless we believe we have an overriding legitimate interest.
At any time you may request we stop using your personal data through all, or selected direct marketing channels. We will comply with your request.
10. Changes to our policy
11. Right to lodge a complaint
If you have any concerns or complaints regarding the way in which we process your data, please email us directly at compliancemanager@OrchardBathrooms.com
We would appreciate in that in some situations you may want to and reserve the right to make a complaint to the ICO, however we politely request that we get the opportunity to deal with your concerns or complaints first before approaching the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance.
12. How can you stop the use of personal data for marketing?
In the scenario you do not want to receive marketing communications, you can stop this by clicking “unsubscribe” link in any communication email we send to you.
Write to: Compliance Manager, OrchardBathrooms.com, VictoriaPlum.com, Bridgehead Business Park, Hessle, HU13 0DG.
It is likely you may still receive communications for a short time period while our systems update your preferences.