Your privacy is our priority
Click on any of the links below to jump to the relevant section:
- Legal basis we rely on
- Which personal information do we collect?
- What will we do with the information we gather?
- Where we store your personal data?
- Who do we share your personal data with?
- Where your personal data may be processed?
- What are your rights over your personal data?
- Changes to our policy
- Right to lodge a complaint
- How can you stop the use of personal data for marketing?
Here at OrchardBathrooms.com, we are 100% committed to respecting the privacy rights of visitors to our website www.orchardbathrooms.com.
This policy, together with our terms and conditions, are designed to give a clear explanation of how we aggregate, cache and process the personal data we collect from you when you visit our website, or at any other time you provide us with your personal data. By visiting our website you are accepting and consenting to the practices set out in this policy.
By definition, personal information includes any recorded information that identifies you personally which includes things such as your name, address or email address.
For the purposes of the UK’s Data Protection Act 2018, the data controller is Orchard Bathrooms, Unit 2, First Point Business Park, Water Vole Way, Doncaster DN4 5JP. Our investment partners, Endless LLP, act as a data controller of any VictoriaPlum.com data that is provided to them, and throughout this partnership personal data may be transferred in conjunction with the below privacy statement and the Endless Privacy statement here: https://www.endlessllp.com/portfolio-privacy-statement. Endless LLP is a company incorporated in England and Wales with Company Reg. No. OC316569.
2. What legal basis do we rely on regarding your data?
The law on data protection contains several different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In some scenarios, we will need your personal data to comply with contractual obligations. For example, if you place an order with us, your address details will be collected so we can deliver your purchase and may also be passed onto third party providers to complete your delivery.
In some instances, we collect personal data for processing with your consent. For example, when you “opt in” by tick box to our marketing or promotional newsletters.
When we collect this information, we will make clear which data is necessary regarding the specific service.
- Legal compliance
This may be required in the event of fraud or criminal activity affecting OrchardBathrooms.com, or any other legal reason, we may need to transfer details of individuals involved to law enforcement.
- Legitimate interest
In some situations, we will use your personal data to pursue legitimate interests as expected as part of running a business, and will not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
3. Which personal information we collect
We’ll ask for your personal information when you fill in any forms on our website or when you correspond with us via email, phone or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you:
- Register with Orchardbathrooms.com
- Sign up for promotions, offers, competitions, or to receive news
- If you report a problem with our website
- When you choose to complete any surveys, we send to you
- When you comment on or review our services or products
- When you enter into a prize draw with us
- When you ask a OrchardBathrooms.com team member to contact you about a service or product
- When you give a third party permission to share the personal data they have on you
- When you submit an enquiry for our design and installation service (as part of the design process an account is created using your personal details and design information)
This information may include your name, address, email address, phone number and financial and credit card information.
The web server also automatically collects certain information which relates to every visitor, including:
- Technical information such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address, any login information, browser type and version, operating system and platform
- Information about your visit such as products viewed and searched for, the average time on site, top visited pages and page response times
- At times we may use anonymised video tracking of your web interaction with us, to provide us with insight to improve our services
4. What will we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To improve our products and services and notify you of any changes to our service
- To process your order and carry out our obligations arising from the contract between you and us to provide you with the products and services you request from us
- For registration and internal record keeping purposes if you open an account for registration and internal record keeping purposes if you open an account
- To administer our website and for internal operations, such as troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical and survey purposes.
- To send promotional emails from OrchardBathrooms.com (if you have opted into this service) about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or post. We may use the information to customise our website according to your interests.
- At times we may use anonymised processing to identify which marketing channel was used when selecting our website.
We’re committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we work closely with online security providers such as VeriSign, SagePay, GetSafeOnline, Barclaycard and V12 Retail Finance to provide a safe and secure online shopping environment.
When using V12 for finance, this method of payment does require the usage of automated decision-making processes. This is necessary for the usage of this payment method and to form a contract with you.
We will use your personal information to respond to queries, refund requests and complaints, relating to damages, faulty items, spare parts or our returns policy. Handling the information you send enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us, and for us to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities, we’ll use your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account. We’ll also monitor your browsing activity with us to quickly identify and resolve any problems and protect the integrity of our websites. We’ll do all of this as part of legitimate interest.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may also share your information with selected third parties including:
Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you. Third party transport or courier services which may include manufacturers of branded products.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the maintenance, improvement and optimisation of our website. We ensure that any third-party service we utilise complies with strict data protection standards. A brief synopsis of what these tools do is found below:
- Google Analytics helps our team measure sales and conversion as well as helping us to understand customer behaviour better. This includes measurement of things such as the split between new visitors as opposed to returning visitors and the length of time visitors spend on particular pages.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If OrchardBathrooms.com or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we’re under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Orchardbathrooms.com our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
5. Where we store your personal data
At times some of the data we collect from you may be transferred and stored in locations outside of the EAA, (European Economic Area). The processing activities may be completed by staff members outside of the EEA, who work for our selected third parties. By submitting your data, you agree to transfer the data, as well as the processing and storing of your data.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your PC, phone or other web-enabled device when you visit our website. They’re not harmful and don’t contain any confidential information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
Cookies are an essential part of how our website works. Some of these cookies are required by our site to enable you to transact whilst other cookies enable us to give you an enhanced, personalised web experience. By using our website, you also consent to the use of these cookies.
We use the following cookies:
Site functionality cookies
These allow you to securely sign in to your OrchardBathrooms.com account, so that you can use “My Account” features such as order information, making payments and receiving on-site offers. These cookies are also used to store the content of your online shopping basket whilst you browse the site and to complete an order.
Site analytics cookies
These cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site. We use these to record the areas of the website that you visited, products you viewed and time spent browsing, as well as the products you purchased. This information helps us make the website more user-friendly, allows us to develop our site design and helps us improve the quality of the service(s) we provide. The information may be provided to Endless LLP and/or the third parties referenced in the “Disclosure of your information” section above.
Customer preference cookies
When browsing or shopping on Orchardbathrooms.com, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location) and will personalise our website content for you.
Targeting or advertising cookies
These allow selected third parties, who participate with us in marketing programmes, to place cookies when you visit our site. These cookies enable us to monitor which adverts you see and click on to get to our site. We currently use 1 company for this purpose and you can see their privacy policies at the following addresses: Google AdWords: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/
These cookies are as safe as the ones used whilst you browse our site and neither of these third parties collect any personal data from which they would be able to identify individual customers.
We’re not responsible for the content or privacy policies of third parties or other websites.
Are cookies safe?
To withdraw your consent, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on the hard drive of your computer. For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the “Help” tab of your browser via the menu bar.
7. Who do we share your personal data with?
We will sometimes share your personal information with third parties.
Examples of this are, with third party couriers to complete your delivery, for fraud management purposes, payment and transactional purposes, personalised offers, and promotions etc.
Only information necessary for the specific processing activities will be shared with our third parties. At the end of our relationship with the third party, any personal data processed or stored with be anonymised or deleted.
Outlined below are some examples of the kind of third parties we work with:
- Marketing companies to help us manage electronic communications with you
- Operational companies, such as delivery systems and delivery couriers/transport companies
- Payment providers to complete transactions
You can request a list of the third parties we use by contacting: [email protected]
8. Where your personal data may be processed
Some of our third-party providers operate outside of the European Union and Economic Area (EEA), such as Russia or the USA.
The EEA includes all EU member countries as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. We may transfer personal data we collect from you to third party data processors in countries that are outside of the EEA. This might be required to fulfil your order, process your payment details or provide support services, analytics or any other processing within the business. Although the data is held in UK data centres, colleagues outside of the EEA may have access to fulfil activities given as examples in the above. We undertake due diligence with our business partners to ensure suitable contracts are in place which conform to the appropriate safeguards and accreditations.
9. What are your rights over your personal data?
You have the following rights:
Request access to your personal data
You have the right to request and obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you and certain information about how we process your personal data.
Right of portability
You have the right to receive a computer file in a common format (CSV or similar) containing the personal data that you have previously provided to us, and the right to have your information transferred to another entity where this is technically possible.
Request erasure of your personal data
You can request that we delete your personal data, where there is no justification for us to continue processing your data. However, we may not be able to comply with your request or erasure for specific legal reasons which you will be notified of within your request.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data
You may ask us, to suspend the processing of your personal data in some scenarios, for example if you want to establish the accuracy of the data, or an objection has been made to the use of your data. We will need to verify whether we have an overriding legitimate interest to use your data. Where information is restricted, we are allowed to retain any information about you to ensure that the restriction is respected in the future.
Object to processing of your personal data
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data unless we believe we have an overriding legitimate interest for processing your information. At any time, you can object to direct marketing by contacting us or selecting the opt-out option within the marketing email.
Request human intervention for automated decision making and profiling
You reserve the right to request human intervention where automated decision making is in place. This requirement for processing is in conjunction with the forming of a contract with you, and appropriate safeguards are in place.
We will endeavour to respond to all legitimate interest request within one calendar month. On occasion it may take us longer than this time period to deal with your request, should the request be complex, or multiple requests have been submitted from you. We may request specific information from you to support your requests, such as proof of identity. This is a security measure to ensure that all personal information is submitted to the correct individual.
Request correction of your personal data
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that VictoriaPlum.com hold at any time and to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact the Compliance Manager in one of the following ways.
Unit 2, First Point Business Park,
Water Vole Way,
By email: To ask for your information, please contact: [email protected].
To request information to be changes, or updated, please contact our customer service team, or update your online account.
In the event that we choose not to action your request, we will explain why we have refused your request.
At any point you have the right to withdraw consent.
In the event you want to withdraw consent to use your personal data, you have the right to withdraw at any time.
How long we keep your data for
If we collect any of your personal information, the period of time we retain it is determined by various factors including the purpose for which the information was obtained and the information is used in conjunction with any other of our obligations under law. We will hold your data for a timescale of no longer than necessary for the purpose of processing, such as business analytical reasons, transactional reasons, order histories or marketing behaviour. We may need to use your personal information to bring or defend legal claims. In this event, we will retain your information for 7 years after the date it is no longer required for any other business purposes. The scenarios below are the only exception to the above criteria.
- You request under your rights to have the information erased and we do not require to keep this information with any of the reasons needed under the law.
- Law governs us to hold your personal data for a longer period, or the law determines the information is deleted sooner.
- We bring or defend to a legal claim or other proceedings, which requires your personal information during the period we retain this information. In this case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have come to a close and no further appeals are possible or future law requires us to keep personal data for a shorter or longer period.
10. Changes to our policy
11. Right to lodge a complaint
If you have any concerns or complaints regarding the way in which we process your data, please email us directly at: [email protected]
We would appreciate in that in some situations you may want to and reserve the right to make a complaint to the ICO, however we politely request that we get the opportunity to deal with your concerns or complaints first before approaching the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance.
12. How can you stop the use of personal data for marketing?
In the scenario you do not want to receive marketing communications, you can stop this by clicking “unsubscribe” link in any communication email we send to you.
Or email us at [email protected]
It is likely you may still receive communications for a short time period while our systems update your preferences.